Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mystery Device -Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joevan

I picked up this device in a store but I have no Idea what it is or does. there are no specifications indicated on it and I think a part is missing. Can anyone please identify this for me.
Many Thanks
Joe

Attachments

• IMGP0056.JPG
    IMGP0056.JPG
    903 KB · Views: 230
  • IMGP0057.JPG
    IMGP0057.JPG
    895.3 KB · Views: 196
You buy things you don’t what they are?
Is this the correct size to fit an old style phone ear piece?

I think there is a coil around the bottom of the hole (at the center of the thing). So, the device could be a wireless charger for some device.. an electric toothbrush etc.

Last edited:
Hmm I thought it's a cordless charger for some round appliance that sits in the socket, at first but there seems to be locking tags that implies something needs to be held?

There seems to be a little telephone handset shape engraved on the bottom of the device so maybe it's phone related, like a handset modem or something?

That looks to be a mains cable, there seems to be a mains filter and caps, and there is a little mains transformer on the right I guess to power the logic stuff, and a large switchmode supply on the left that obviously has to deliver quite a few watts.

Yeah I dunno why all the coils, I just saw that yellow one on the left (if it is a coil!), which makes it 3 coils in total?

And only one lead connected, not other plugs?

Looks like some type of encoder to determine RPM/positioning of a shaft that would be set inside the hole portion of the case. At least my take on it.

I'm sticking to my original guess that it's the base for a magnetic levitation device. They're made to suspend and rotate a globe or various toys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back