Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a 7 X 8 converter/decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown48

I'm building a binary calculator which needs to compare,add,subtract,multiply and divide two 4-bit binary inputs. The output is displayed on two seven-segment display. i must use only basic logic gates, full adder, multiplexer, decoder,demultiplexer. I'm not allowed to use latches or flip-flops.

I have a 7-bit output from the multiplication process. My problem is how to convert the 7-bit binary to an 8-bit code. the first 4-bit for the 1st digit and the other 4-bit for the 2nd digit of the display.

And I also need a schematics on how to Divide a 4 bit binary.
Tnx!!!

Tnx..

Can u also answer my second problem?
I need a schematics of a 4-bit binary divider using only basic gates?

Thank u very much..

I apreciate your reply..

There is an other method to implement this calculator by using an EPROM as a look up table .The address lines of the EPROM are used for the input data of the calculator and the data out lines for the results all you have to do is prepare a table of all combinations of the addtion,multiplecation,divition ,subtraction and compare then program this table in the EPROM

To on1aag:

I know division is the process of repeated subtraction. The thing is i cant do a looping process which will require the use of flip flops. I need to use Basic Ic's only.

To kamdy:

What's Eprom? If its a kind of ROM i cant use it. As i said i can only use Basic logic gates.

Tnx for your replies.
I appreciate it.

A simple scam.

Hi Unknown48,

Don't let them confuse you, you are not allowed to use flip-flops but
you still can use flip-flops if you build them with gates. :D

on1aag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back