Need Circuit diagram and Components details for making a 2.1 speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats fine as long as there is still a load on the amp when it turns on, other wise it may blow up.
Why? I don't think the little computer speakers use a vacuum tubes amplifier.
A solid state amplifier works fine without a load.

Why? I don't think the little computer speakers use a vacuum tubes amplifier.
A solid state amplifier works fine without a load.
If the amp is already poping maybe it needs a place to go before it gets conected to the speakers.

Many home stereos have a relay that connects the speakers to the amplifier only after a couple of seconds after the power is turned on to allow the amplifiers to stabilize then a pop is avoided.

Many home stereos have a relay that connects the speakers to the amplifier only after a couple of seconds after the power is turned on to allow the amplifiers to stabilize then a pop is avoided.
How do thay stabilize with out a load?

That's why most of them use a relay at the output section to prevent "pop" which might blow the subwoofer or stereo speakers, i got pop noise only through subwoofer.. So i used a tiny 12v 100 ohm relay

How do they stabilize with out a load?
An audio amplifier has an output that can go up (positive) or down (negative or less positive).
It does not need a load for its output to change its voltage.

When the power is turned on, if the amplifier has a dual-polarity supply then its output bounces around until it stabilizes at 0V.
If the amplifier has a single supply then its has capacitors that must charge then stabilize when the power is turned on.

Last edited:
What? Capacitors will charge whether there's a "load" on them or not.
I am talking about the difference between the unloaded and the loaded output of an unregulated Power Supply. If it goes to high at startup because it does not have a load would it exceed the max input of the amp chip?

When the power is turned on, if the amplifier has a dual-polarity supply then its output bounces around until it stabilizes at 0V.
What????? 0 volts?

can an audio amp IC use as an RF amp or like other kinda amps?
Most audio amps are made to have a flat frequency response to 20kHz. They roll off at higher frequencies.
The little LM386 amp with a gain of 20 is flat to about 80kHz and its output is reduced to half power at about 400kHz. The lowest frequency of the AM broadcast band is 540kHz.

Most amplifier ICs show a graph of their frequency response like this:

Attachments

• LM386.PNG
    23.8 KB · Views: 139
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…