Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in any ideas to the final year project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yogy

I need some help in to decide any project for my final project so please give me some ideas thanks

First of all, can you make anything you want? If you can, you can start with what you want to make.

Is it an art class, robotics class, programming class, physics class.....
final project for university degree, final project for a class, for high school.....
Put the forum into the context, then and only then can you get some really worthwhile help. Like I have seen many others told. You get what you pay for. Here you are paying nothing, so you might at least come with a well thought out question. In other words tell the forum your budget, objectives, time constraints, experience, and what you have already come up with, things like that.

Heres a bunch of ideas that people do as an undergraduate final year electronic/computer engineering project:

- Inverted Pendulum (using accelerometers atop an inverted pendulum, come up with a differential system to control the position and keep the pendulum balanced)

- Autotuner (ie a device that listens to an audible note/tone and tells you the nearest note and whether its sharp or flat).

- Image processing project (ie a camera that optically recognizes when a mechanical rotor is "worn out", or a camera that tracks the direction your eyes are pointing and sends mouse control input to a computer).

- ZigBee home automation (sigh.. this always gets done to DEATH at my school).

- Wireless Guitar Amp (ie a battery operated device connected to guitar through a standard patch cable encodes the sound as MP3 and transmits wirelessly through zigbee to a module that then decodes the MP3 and plays it on an amp).

- Autopilot for a remote controlled plane that flys the plane and identifies and photographs "targets" (eg buildings).

- A device that actively measures the earths magnetic field and emits its own field specifically tuned to null the field of the earth.

- A pothole/road condition logging system that runs embedded linux and rides along in a fleet of cars detecting road conditions and pot holes with an accellerometer and tags their GPS coordinates. The system then connects to an 802.11 network and wirelessly uploads all data to a server that analyzes the data and plots positional information on a google map. (This is the project that I am working on for my undergrad thesis project).

If you're looking for something more practical, a friend of mine is doing a two year electronic engineering technician program at the local community college and some examples of projects that they do are:
- An demo system that mixes various colours of paint by pumping from three cannisters into one mixing cannister and matches the colour of a sample that is provided.

- An intelligent HVAC control system that controls the temperature of many "rooms" in a building.

Thats just a few examples of projects that have either been completed in the past, or are currently being worked on at my (or my friends) school. Another interesting project that three classes of undergrad electrical, computer and mechanical engineers have been working on is a micro satellite (10cm x 10cm x 10cm cube) that is going to be launched in a couple years.

Its not difficult to find a project. If you're passionate about electronics and/or engineering, you should be able to think of something interesting and fun without having to troll the net for something thats been done millions of times before (although, if something has been done a million times before, it doesnt neccessarily make it a bad project, you just have to find a new way to do it).

If your looking for an off the shelf project that requires no thought, go buy a kit and hope that your instructor doesnt recognize it as one.

Build something that solves a common problem. Good grade and good contract with a corporation.

Perhaps a wireless touchscreen PDA that showcases possible projects to student as they walk around campus. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back