Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help. Looking how to buil a random timer to controll 6 lights with pre set times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a 4060 which has a built in osc, or 4040 which has more accessible stages.

Yes, you can use that (although it only has 4 channels). Perhaps an 8-channel version would be more suitable: https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Channel-...uetooth-WIFI-cell-phone-control-/320981535833

In either case you'll need the board connected to a computer and a power supply to work. The program for the latter board is very simple (the former board may require using the manufacturer's library; not sure).

As mentioned, you can get the program to be as random as you want.

O.K. I ordered this board. thanks for all your help. ive been playing with the software and seems pretty simple. now that it has 8 relays i have 2 extras. i was thinking of adding a beeper so when each light comes on i get a low tone beep but i cant find anything to use for the beeb. most piezo seem to high pitched or to loud. im looking for somthing 300-500hz and around 70-85 db. anyone know of anything?

You can get electromichanical buzzers with a fundamental around that freq, but they tend to be rich i harmonics giving a higher sound as well.
Mikes idea sounds like a good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back