Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on how to install AM-HRRn-xxx Am Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

syoung4

Hi,
can anyone help me to understand what pins to use on this board to supply the voltage, and what pins to use for switching on a circuit from a remote key fob.

I am new to electronics and I am not sure if vcc is the positive and gnd is ground or negative.

Thank you .

Regards,

Sid. :oops:

Attachments

• vy48.pdf
    182.9 KB · Views: 524
Hi Syoung4,

I would like to say first of all how surprised I was with your question especially in respect to the type of project you are building!

You will inevitably need additional circuirty to buffer and boost the switching logic and God forbid you thinking of interfacing to the mains

I strongly suggest you pursue some (that was SIMPLE) projects to get used to terminology and usage etc Buy some basic kits and build them.

Anyway back to your question
READ THE DATA SHEET YOU SUPPLIED!!!!!!

Vcc, Vdd = Positive supply voltage (POSITIVE SUPPLY VOLTAGE) = +ve (short for positive)
Vee, Vss = Negative supply (NEGATIVE SUPPLY VOLTAGE) = -ve (short for negative)
GND = GROUND = Zero voltage= 0v

Warning - Some circuits use +ve and -ve to indicate positive voltages from say a battery or similar this does not indicate a negative (MINUS) voltage.

As a (VERY) rule of thumb negative (minus) voltages are used in amplifiers and analogue switching applications.

Terminology link

**broken link removed**

Amazingly, I found this by entering "VDD meaning" into Google
Remember Google !!!

Regards
Dotnet
P.S. Sorry for the 'tone' of the reply but you can't expect to build a house without first digging foundation!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back