Need Help With a LED Flash Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

4662datalore

I need to flash 4, 2V LEDs at 3 second intervals. I have NE556N timers and the soldering know how. I just dont have the know how on how to make the circuits. I have read online what each of the pins are and found all the calculators. The problem I have is I dont know how to use or understand the diagrams. If someone could just tell me what I need and how to put it together I would be very grateful. Thanks

Just perform a google search on led flasher circuit, and you will find a cornucopia of info.
If after finding a circuit that you like and are still unclear then post your circuit here along with what portion your not understanding.

yes google search! thats what i did and then found out i needed a NE555 something... do u know where to get one? there are no radio shacks where i live... maybe a cheap toy?

The NE556 is a dual 555, if you can't get a 555 then just use the 556 and leave one of the 555s unused.

It can be done with a 555 & 4017, a 4040, or an RC circuit with a D flip-flop ( 4013). You didn't specify the circuit voltage, so TTL devices used could be a 7473, 74154, 74LS374, 7490 - you get the idea.

here is a video showing how to use a timer but it uses LM555
YouTube - 555 Timer chip tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…