Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with constructing this 250v mains filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need 16 amp traces. I can't get paint to work this morning. Can you see how I made one trace thicker. I would do more than that.
Pull L2 down to aline up with L1. Use copper like it is free. It is free!
upload_2015-4-11_8-13-11.png

As to the choke in ground. I know why you want it but that is normally not done. You probably should be prepared to replace it with a jumper.

What PCB software are you using? Does it have aria fill?

FILT3.png

Hi I have now drawn the traces thicker. and aligned the chokes. I have omitted the earth choke now , but it was in an older Belling lee Filter that's now unavailable. But I can compensate for this ,by coiling up the 3 wire cable with an FT240-31 Toroid before the line side of this filter. That should take care of any interference that would be on the earth wire. The software I use to draw my pcb's is Neopaint , the components are stamps that can be place where ever I need them to be . I then use the iron on transfer method to put the image to the copper clad board. I will pot the whole pcb in resin inside a tin box after completion. 16mm fiberglass rods with drilled hole will let me pass the connecting wires through the tin case to the pcb, as a precaution against chafing.

Thank you for your help & patience

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back