Need help with constructing this 250v mains filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need 16 amp traces. I can't get paint to work this morning. Can you see how I made one trace thicker. I would do more than that.
Pull L2 down to aline up with L1. Use copper like it is free. It is free!

As to the choke in ground. I know why you want it but that is normally not done. You probably should be prepared to replace it with a jumper.

What PCB software are you using? Does it have aria fill?

Hi I have now drawn the traces thicker. and aligned the chokes. I have omitted the earth choke now , but it was in an older Belling lee Filter that's now unavailable. But I can compensate for this ,by coiling up the 3 wire cable with an FT240-31 Toroid before the line side of this filter. That should take care of any interference that would be on the earth wire. The software I use to draw my pcb's is Neopaint , the components are stamps that can be place where ever I need them to be . I then use the iron on transfer method to put the image to the copper clad board. I will pot the whole pcb in resin inside a tin box after completion. 16mm fiberglass rods with drilled hole will let me pass the connecting wires through the tin case to the pcb, as a precaution against chafing.

Thank you for your help & patience

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…