Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with counting pulses to timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi JR,

I ended up working this weekend and wasn't anywhere near an internet portal. Sorry. Also, better to exchange info' via PM because when I'm on the road I can "pull" email but I can't seem to "push" it out.

Bad news first. I don't seem to have a 10F200 in my inventory so we need to discuss options for you there. Good news is that I got about an hour yesterday to throw together the simple 1-input/1-output program for you and I've attached it below so that the other programmers on the Forum can take a look at it to see how I accomplished your requirements. You didn't provide much info' so I made a few simple assumptions which can easily be changed. For one thing, we need a way to determine when you're done entering your 1, 2, or 3 push button presses so I simply implemented a 3-second switch timer that activates on each "new press". If you don't press the switch within 3 seconds of the last press the program assumes you're done and will start the output sequence. Any switch presses after 3 presses are ignored and any switch presses during the 30/60/90 minute output sequence are ignored. The program restarts at the beginning after completing the output sequence. I setup the output pulse as a 1-msec active high output but this can easily be changed.

I will take a look at your specs' for the slightly more advanced timer application as soon as I can.

Regards, Mike

oem timer v1.PNG

Attachments

• 10F200 OEM Timer v1.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back