Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need idea for finger sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see you need an good DSP,some good fingerprint inetification algoritems,good programing skills and uscurce an fingerprint scaner module.

It wod end up an very complex projet that requres a lot of skill to design,not to menthon the cost.

ATMEL has a small line of pyroelectric fingerprint sensors in their biometrics department.

* Datasheets

Thats only a litle part solved.

You still need an perty good DSP to run a fingerprint recongition algoritem.

And what hapends if the scaner gets too dirty? How are you goan start the bike then?

Someone Electro said:
Thats only a litle part solved.

You still need an perty good DSP to run a fingerprint recongition algoritem.

And what hapends if the scaner gets too dirty? How are you goan start the bike then?

I wonder if know how to take the key out and not lose it Berni :twisted:

I guess this is the part where an image matching algorhythm would come into play. It think we applied something like this back in Signals & Systems. I guess the same thing could work for a bitmap.

If you are not expirienced in microcontrolers and DSPs then you beter dont even try to make it.You need to find such an algoritem and make it work on an DSP wich may not be easy.

It wod certanly look cool(Especialy if you light it up with prity LEDs)

the only way that's "easy" is to use a commercially available USB fingerprint scanner, and have an actual PC running the pre-made software for it. however, that would require that you boot up the PC every time you want to start the bike, which would be inconvenient, not to mention size, power use, and all that. if you want to do it as an integrated solution you'd probably have to buy a pre-made fingerprint reader that is fully integrated and can be used as a standalone unit, but that could easily cost more than a motorcycle :lol:

Just an idea: A friend of mine sells safes for a living. He gave me some circuitboards that were in a safe. They were for fingerprint scanning. Unfortunately there are a ton of cut wires on the board so I have no idea of knowing what goes where.

What I'm trying to get at is contact some safe companies and ask them if they make any kind of fingerprint scanning devices.

**broken link removed**

Very nice idea - ultrasonic holography for fingerprint recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back