Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need of 10+10W stereo amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest something less puny then - a 3 inch driver isn't going to have much bass.
Believe me NG, the 3" driver has magnets near to 1/2kg. The key for punch is designing the suitable enclosure with bass reflection. These kind of drivers can perform excellent at lower volumes..smoooth bass i would mean.

The small size makes the resonant frequency too high for a woofer.
The cone area is small it and the excursion is too small for a woofer.

I installed a 3" full range speaker similar to yours in my clock radio.
I made a power amplifier with about 1W. I made equalization that boosts 100hz by 20dB at low volume settings (100 times the power), 10dB at medium volume settings (10 times the power) and flat response at max volume (barely clipping.
Its bass boost makes it sound pretty good for a small radio when its volume control is turned down low.

My computer speakers have pretty good little 3" full range speakers with huge magnets. They produce frequencies down to about 80Hz. They look like this:

Attachments

• pc 3inch  speaker.jpg
    pc 3inch speaker.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 156
hi Musicl

I check my diagram again that was all currect. Your modified diagram is wrong. Transformer centertap is not used because of single supply opperation.pls see carefully data seet thouse have both dual or single supply oparation. this amp is used only positive and Ground supply no negetive supply . i have a misteck on tlo72 op mp pinconfigaration i show u pin5 was inverting input for output2 it will be noninverting input.and pin6 will be inverting input. TL072 have built in 2 op amp so u can build with one ic for stereo vertion.i have another misteck for olternative IC name that was NE5502 it will be NE5532. using 4001 diode for ic2030 from output to both power rail for ic power trangient protection purpose only. you may use it or not.
thanks!

Have you looked at this:**broken link removed** 20W stereo amplifier (with schematics in data sheet) It has a really good sound from it

Believe me NG, the 3" driver has magnets near to 1/2kg. The key for punch is designing the suitable enclosure with bass reflection. These kind of drivers can perform excellent at lower volumes..smoooth bass i would mean.

Might have a big magnet, but it has a puny cone - bass required movement of air, the smaller the cone the less air can be moved.

You have perhaps noticed that no half way decent speaker system uses 3 inch 'bass' units?.

hi Musicl

I check my diagram again that was all currect. Your modified diagram is wrong. Transformer centertap is not used because of single supply opperation.pls see carefully data seet thouse have both dual or single supply oparation. this amp is used only positive and Ground supply no negetive supply . i have a misteck on tlo72 op mp pinconfigaration i show u pin5 was inverting input for output2 it will be noninverting input.and pin6 will be inverting input. TL072 have built in 2 op amp so u can build with one ic for stereo vertion.i have another misteck for olternative IC name that was NE5502 it will be NE5532. using 4001 diode for ic2030 from output to both power rail for ic power trangient protection purpose only. you may use it or not.
thanks!
OK. So I believe the single supply operation is working at 32V. Correct?. Thanks for correcting the pin conf. Now my question is shall I remove the 15V zener and 1K. Otherwise u hav to tell the purpose of that stuff over ther :D

Have you looked at this:**broken link removed** 20W stereo amplifier (with schematics in data sheet) It has a really good sound from it
I don need much watts or loudness n the 20Watts of power will overdrive my little speakers. They r rated for 10Watts. What I am expecting is punchy bass at lower volume through little speakers. I will go for a maximum of 6" driver. I hate 8" common bulky drivers.

15 volt zener and 1k resister is for reduce and stabilized the voltage for op amp. TL072 tolerate maximum 36V so u can omit them. but in real designer rule it will help the circuit operation stability. when you turn your volume high total dc supply voltage become unstable and op amp will produce noise if you omit the zener and 1k resister. you do at least insert 1.5k resister in place of 1k resister and omit only zener diode.I don't know why u hate zener. in this design 15 volt zener produce no any junction break down noise in the amp power line, u can use 18v , 20v , 24v zener also. or use 7815 or 7818 voltage regulator for op amp. i was use 15 volt zener.

15 volt zener and 1k resister is for reduce and stabilized the voltage for op amp. TL072 tolerate maximum 36V so u can omit them. but in real designer rule it will help the circuit operation stability. when you turn your volume high total dc supply voltage become unstable and op amp will produce noise if you omit the zener and 1k resister. you do at least insert 1.5k resister in place of 1k resister and omit only zener diode.I don't know why u hate zener. in this design 15 volt zener produce no any junction break down noise in the amp power line, u can use 18v , 20v , 24v zener also. or use 7815 or 7818 voltage regulator for op amp. i was use 15 volt zener.

I don't think anyone 'hates zeners', but your circuit is full of errors - such as no decent supply decoupling.

It would be better, and easier, to use a split supply rather than a single supply.

I don't think anyone 'hates zeners', but your circuit is full of errors - such as no decent supply decoupling.

It would be better, and easier, to use a split supply rather than a single supply.
:confused:
audioguru plz post a split supply version with supply decoupling for atauls circuit;) Much thanks in advance. I wanna and gonna try it. You were not tell anything about the errors in my spited supply version.

A split supply eliminates the output coupling capacitor for better deep bass response and better damping of resonances.

:confused:
audioguru plz post a split supply version with supply decoupling for atauls circuit;)
I left out the diodes at the output and maybe I also left out other things.
It is difficult to modify a hand sketch that is printed on a dark grey background.

EDIT: The input must be fed from a very low impedance like the output of an opamp.

Attachments

• amplifier.PNG
    amplifier.PNG
    173 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
hey.

The datasheet of the tda2030 has some reference designs with split supply in it which you can probably use.

**broken link removed**

Daniel

audio guru pls correct the power supply there is some error. wire it 2pcs 4700mfd caps polarity will be (+/-)+(+-) and 2 caps center tap goes to X'formers center taps and this will be ground. u are nicely convert single to split supply of my design for Musical. yes omitting the output cap improve the low frequency but real world is deferent if i use 2200 mfd caps to the output the low frequency cutoff goes to near about 10Hz into 8 Ohm and tends to booming for reducing damping thats why its feels like extra bass reproduction for low power amp. and for faulty amp it is another advantages for dc blocker to protect sensitive spkr. direct coupling amp sounds like tight bass especially this TDA2030 amp.but if we prefer other amp, split supply is the best.

Last edited:
Yes the rectifier should have two big filter capacitors. Then the 220uF ones are not needed.
Undamped boomy bass does not sound like bass boost. It just sounds cheap and boomy.

audio guru pls correct the power supply there is some error. wire it 2pcs 4700mfd caps polarity will be (+/-)+(+-) and 2 caps center tap goes to X'formers center taps and this will be ground. direct coupling amp sounds like tight bass especially this TDA2030 amp.but if we prefer other amp, split supply is the best.
First I would thank audioguru for his wonderful conversion.
Yes!..n I omitted the use of two 2200(or 4700mfd) with their center(-) goes to center tap of X'former but kept in mind editing the core part. Thats absolutly right. But rest of the things edited by audio guru nicely. If u mean tight bass in the sense the driver cone is strongly pulled in out by the direct current..yes I want it exactly. But I need to experiment whether it ould damage my low rated speaker.right? Now I'm tightly insearch of a 4" pair like this for your circuit. for eg. like this :D
**broken link removed**
Who tell it can't go down below 50Hz..hmm? costly might be. I am using inputs of DVD stereo outs or fm stereos. audioguru how can I check the imedance for inputs.

Absolutly right audioguru. I practice with TDA 2030 many time and this is the true. I do'nt like boomy bass but feels like more bass come from the spkr. Musicl try to reprouduce bass from 3 inch speaker it will be some how perfect for him.

yes.I also dont like boomy bass mostly happen by badly designed enclosurs. booming will directly goes to our brain making headaches for long listening. I expereienced that before. thats y my experiment comes for a actual bass reproduction with less powered amps, small speakers and good enclosures. ok I'll try it my current 3" jokes and if it demand for a high rated speaker I'll hav to go for a 4" woofer,spkeaker(mid+high) pairs. power supply I will use 12-0-12,3Aamps for a punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back