Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Resistor value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyones response has been great. Thanks.

Not sure how to connect the parallel 1M resistor. please advise.

"shrugs head". How does a person with 67 Posts manage to get a "good rep" bar??. And asks such a basic question?. I am totally confused.

No offence. Just wondering.

Cheers

<smile> None taken. I am not the expert in every field and I think the rep comes from my programming ability.

Good for you Man. Sorry if I misunderstood :eek:

Back to the original question: The 1M Ohm must be soldered directly across the 0.47 MF Cap.

Cheers

Last edited:
Since you don't know what is simply in parallel or simply in series then you should stay away from the mains voltage that can kill you or other people.
Here is the corrected schematic:

Attachments

• LED on 110VAC.PNG
    LED on 110VAC.PNG
    26 KB · Views: 119
Hey, thanks audio. I am thinking the discharge needs to be connected to ground and that's what confused me.

I see it now. Thanks again for the good picture.

The 1M resistor discharges the capacitor when the circuit is turned off or is not connected to anything. Then a repairman will not get zapped by a charged capacitor.
The location of your 1M resistor did not do anything unless the mains connection is shorted which will never happen.

EDIT: I think if a repairman does not discharge a high voltage capacitor himself then he deserves to get zapped.
Then he might learn sumpthin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back