Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorGnet

I'm tired of messing with worthless programmers! :)

I am going to buy a cheap(er) one until I get the one I really want. Anyone use **broken link removed**

Last edited:
I'd save up and get the PicKit2 or PicKit3. I've used other programmers with success but once I finally got the PicKit2 everything became so much easier. It's easy to use, has wide OS support and software to match.

That is the one I am going to buy coming up buy I blew my budget getting a new dremel drill press, multimeter, laundry list of components, and some other goodies.

Hi,

If you have an existing programmer that can burn a 18F2550 then for a few dollars you can easily build a Pickit2 Lite as shown many times in this forum

All out of working programmers. Was using a JDM until I switched motherboards in all PCs and now it wont work on any of them.

I'm tired of messing with worthless programmers! :)

I am going to buy a cheap(er) one until I get the one I really want. Anyone use **broken link removed**

By the time you spend your money on this and its shipping you are about half way to a PICKitII. Don't do it - wait and get a good one. Save yourself the frustration, and another trip to the garbage with yet another 'worthless programmer.' :D

Hi,

Can see from recent posts you have tried powering the JDM from a wall pac - assume that did not cure the problem .. ?

Sure that someone / a forum member in your neck of the woods can program a 18F2550 for you ..?

Where are you from? I have a few 18F2550 around here i can program 1 with PICKIT 2 software and send it to you if you want? Of course ill do this for free but if your not in the US it might take a while to get to you... unless you have paypal and want to pay for faster shipping...

Not to go off topic but can you PM me with info on where and how you got or made that bottom.. Is it plexiglass? Looks like 1/8" thick correct?

Last edited:
I have gotten a lot of great reviews on the Junebug so I will add it to my shopping list.

WP100:
I tried a powered parallel design but I messed up somewhere and it didn't work. Not sure where though. Haven't tried a powered JDM yet. Looking it over for some practice.

I have gotten a lot of great reviews on the Junebug so I will add it to my shopping list.

WP100:
I tried a powered parallel design but I messed up somewhere and it didn't work. Not sure where though. Haven't tried a powered JDM yet. Looking it over for some practice.

I think its just a waste of time, trying to make a programmer like JDM. At start I also did the same. But its totally wast of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back