Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

New to infrared... How to use emitter/reciever pair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Souper man

Hey, I am going to try to learn how to use the Infrared emitter/reciever pair to create a room seeking robot (runs all around a house and avoids objects, dog, feet, chairs, walls, random objects, etc). I was wondering how I would use the Infrared to create a system that would reflect off wall and go into a reciever. Also, what kind of output would the reciever send? Resistance? Please help!

P.S. I dont like googles, because I like asking real living persons to help me

P.S.S. Please dont say "im not a real person" Because that is goofy(stupid and retarded).

P.S.S.S. This is kinda a nooby question, and Im sorry, so dont rant on at me about using the net!

P.S.S.S.S. Is it even legal to have this many P.S. things?

I just looked on my favorite site, robotroom and found how to use the emitter. I just dont know how to use the reciever. PLZ HELP MEH!

Check out Nigel's tutorial on IR receiver modules, the link is in his signature...
Doesn't matter if you use PIC or not (I use AVR), don't even need a an MCU.

You can pull one out of an old VCR, cable box, satelite receiver... Only a dollar or 2 surplus. I get about 18 inches reflective, and I don't over drive the emitter (much), nor did I ever get around to programming a pause to adjust the AGC...

Any websites that can explain it a little bit better?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back