Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie qns on using the PICstart to burn coding into PIC16F84 =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormancer

Firstly, hi to u all for taking ur time to help out in my problems ^^

I am using PIC16F84 and also building the famous HeMon Heart Beat MOnitoring circuit. however, may i ask, is the 4Mhz crystal crucial in the whole ciruit?

Becos i nv add it in, the LM358 IC i can hv a signal to showing the up n down signal produce when my pulse is read.

However, i dun get to see the 7-Segment ( common cathode ) showing any number or even light to show it is connected. =(

Furthermore, can i ask abt the programming part of the 3 files.
when i use the PICstart, i added the file HeMon.asm ( assembly codes ) to the assembly part.
next, i added the Reg16c84.INC and HeMon.INC in the Linker part.

Then i build all and all is ok. i clicked Programe and it shows successfully and verified.

But when i put back the PIC16F84 into the circuit board, the LED still does nt show up and my channel two ( connected to Pin 2 of the PIC16F84 is nt showing any up and down signals.)

Thus, i will really be very greatfull if anyone can guide me along the way to get the LED to show up the number of counts thks =)

-With regards-

thks u very much! ^^ i today went to buy a 4Mhz crystal and 2 capacitor 22pF each. tml i will do up a small board and connect it up. and try see if it work.
As for the building of the codings into the PIC16F84, any comment on it?

Thks in advance for ur time in helpin me =)

kk thks for ur advice, i jsut want to know is that becos of the 3 file given, 2 file is associated with .INC so i cannot assemble them cos they are nt assembly code.
So sadly to ask, how do i make sure that i hv e 2 file in the IC so that my programmed IC will work effectively?
your help will be greatly appreciated ^^

stormancer said:
kk thks for ur advice, i jsut want to know is that becos of the 3 file given, 2 file is associated with .INC so i cannot assemble them cos they are nt assembly code.
So sadly to ask, how do i make sure that i hv e 2 file in the IC so that my programmed IC will work effectively?
your help will be greatly appreciated ^^

You've already said it compiled correctly, so presumably you added the include files correctly?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back