Newby in PIC microprocesors (some tips to get started)(plz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAMIT blueottle!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

there mail server was ofline so i didnt get the order comfurmaton e-mail but not now this is one the microcihp sample site :
Microchip currently only accepts business sample orders in your country. We therefore cannot accept your order. We apologize for this inconvenience. If this order is for a business use, please register under your business account or contact your local Microchip sales or distribution partner to request samples directly.

now i wont get my samples!!!!!!!

those damn BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

There are a number of countries where MicroChip won't supply samples, presumably due to abuse of the service by those countries?.

Presumably a number of your fellow countrymen have abused the service in the past?.

Yep, that's what happend in my country... people ordered samples, and then sold them... crap...
:twisted: I gues you have to buy them as others do...

BTW:
Slovakia Vs Slovenia...
Remember last week's Bush visit to Slovakia?
US news papers will never realize the difference between our two Countries. :evil:

PS: For thoose who don't understand: Slovakia is in Central Europe, not by sea as shown on map. That's Slovenia!

Attachments

• mapa.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 530
Im not paying going to pay the prostage fees

an well conrad is crap (t think they dont even have PIC)

this is waht im gona try to do:
...contact your local Microchip sales or distribution partner to request samples directly

It may just work!

or is there a way to get an busnis acount?

postage frees are ofteb high.

and on some swiming competion they puled up the slovakia flag insted of slovenean.

PIC16F88 Good starter pic

USB is difficult to start with even with the SIE in the newer pics. The most versatile PIC for the price seems to be the PIC16F88. It has analog and digital capabilities without getting too complicated. If you wish to interface with your PC try using the onboard USART. www.circuitblocks.com has a nice little module for converting CMOS levels to RS232. I find this much easier than adding an addional chip to my circuits. Also consider using Realterm for veiwing the rs232 data. It has many more features than hyperterminal and best of all it's free.

Jay.slovak said:
Yep, that's what happend in my country... people ordered samples, and then sold them... crap...
:twisted: I gues you have to buy them as others do...

Perhaps you could email the sales dept. If they have any sort of confidence that you are a real person rather than a bot with 500 postal address aliases, I'm pretty sure they'll send you samples. I suspect they just don't want to make it an automatic process due to the aforementioned abuse.

williB will orde my sampley an post the to me.(sample problem solved)

I now gatherd some crystals(from my junk box):
-10.245 MHz
-16.557 MHz (good for the PIC16F88)
-35.910 MHz
-38.970 MHz (perfect for the PIC18F252)

an round crastal that ses on it:
KDS7M

Dose this mean its 7MHz(this one is i think from an clock mehanism)

Someone Electro said:
-38.970 MHz (perfect for the PIC18F252)

Afraid not :cry:

The 18F252 uses a 10MHz crystal and has an internal 4x PLL to give the 40MHx clock frequency.

Also a 38.970MHz crystal is quite possibly an 'overtone' crystal, which means it's fundimental frequency will be a sub-multiple of the labelled frequency - on a microcontroller it will oscillate at it's fundimental frequency.

Any way i will only use crastals i need fast clocks.I will mostly use the chips internal oscilaor (can only run up to 8Mhz)

I have an 10Mhz one so no probem (il have to use its internal clock if i want to to operate slower)

I clock pusle makes the PIC to do one line off the program.right? (i know its a real noob qestion)

I reed that you can overclock some PICs to more than twice its operting freq.(but may strat to make errors)

Is is posible to peranetly damege the PIC if you overclock it too much (proboly overheats)

Im now olny wating for microchip to send samples to williB and for him to sen them to me.

I cant wait for the PICs to arive!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

An instruction cycle takes 4 clock cycles, so with a 4MHz clock each instruction cycle is 1uS. On low and mid range PIC's most instructions take one instruction cycle, with a few (jumps etc.) taking two, and a few more (conditional branches) taking either one or two, depending on the outcome - they are all explained in the datasheets!.

This, by the way, is far faster than most processors, some of which take 12 or 16 clock cycles per instruction cycle, and 3 or 4 instruction cycles for some instructions!.

What are you attempting to do?, generally a 4MHz PIC is already far too fast for most jobs, you spend most of your programming slowing it down.

For an example try my first tutorials, the infamous "flashing LED's" tutorials!.

why wod i want to blink an LED at 1-4 MHz

I think in Basic there is an instructon that pauses the program for the amaunt of ms you set(I think itsause <ms>)

So to blink an led in Basic you wod have:
Code:
symbol Output0 = 0

main:
label0:   pause 1000
          toggle Output0
          GoTo label0

This shod thurn on/off an LED evry second.

Can this program be loded in a PIC18F252 and PIC16F88?

Depends on the BASIC compiler you have, but a similar thing should be possible in any dialect. If you study the tutorials I mentioned you will see that I do a similar thing in assembler!.

But you didn't answer the question!, WHY do you want to run the PIC as fast as possible?, particularly when you can use an internal oscillator on many devices?.

The BASIC section you suggested above would already completely waste something like 99.9995% of the processors time at 4MHz, so it's pretty pointless running it at 20MHz.

As I mentioned in my previous post, most of the processors time is usually taken up just wasting time - so it's mostly pointless running the PIC at unrequired high speeds - UNLESS you have a specific need for it.

meaby to use it for high freqency mesurments

or cod an 555 timer be used o produce the clock?(20kHz)

Can this program run on PIC18F252 and PIC16F88?(i have an programing software that gives out Basic programs like this one)

Someone Electro said:
meaby to use it for high freqency mesurments

There's an OLD application note at MicroChip using a very old PIC driving LED displays to give a 50MHz auto-ranging frequency counter!, and you can find a more modern version (that uses a 16C84 or 16F628 - any 18 pin PIC) from Weeder technologies that uses an LCD display. Have a look at .

They all run at only 4MHz! - increasing the clock frequency wouldn't increase the range.

or cod an 555 timer be used o produce the clock?(20kHz)

If you wanted to run it at 20KHz you could?. Or did you mean 20MHz?, which is far too fast for a 555.

Can this program run on PIC18F252 and PIC16F88?(i have an programing software that gives out Basic programs like this one)

As I mentioned before, it depends on your compiler - the compiler needs to produce compatible code for the target device. The 18F252 and 16F88 are very different devices, the 18F is a high-end device, and the 16F only a mid-range device. The 18 series have a much greater range of instructions, the 16 series only have 35 instructions.

yes i mean at 20 kHz.I know 555 timers cant oscilate more than 1Mhz

I intend 555 timers to run at wery low clocks (where the PIC has noting to do most of the time)like 1kHz.

Is this posible?

and microchip has made an compiler.I think.

I think i beter get to lernig how to program there wonderful thingys.

I i found ou that bouth of my orederd PICs have low voltage in circuit programing .if i undersod right:insted of aplying 13V to the reset pin you aply ony 5V (directly Vdd)

Yes, Low voltage ICSP is useful where 13V are not available. There is also PGM pin, that has to be pulled High and a Configuration Bit to be set in order to use low voltage mode.

Can an phone charger be used to power and program the pic (it outputs 5.14V) wehithust any regulators an stuff like that.Only an 450uF cap over the output wod be to remove noise.

Il let the woris of programers,crystals and stuff like that behind (Il get the PICs in about an weak)

I shod start to lern programing basic,asembely,meaby C...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…