Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newby in PIC microprocesors (some tips to get started)(plz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on type of charger... If it is a "Brick" type, which has transformer inside that won't be a problem. If it's switched charger (the light ones), it may have too much noise on the output.

BTW: I prefer High Voltage (13V) programmming to low, because there are issues...

How did you solve your problem with PIC samples?

Someone Electro said:
yes i mean at 20 kHz.I know 555 timers cant oscilate more than 1Mhz

I intend 555 timers to run at wery low clocks (where the PIC has noting to do most of the time)like 1kHz.

Is this posible?

Yes, the PIC will work down as low as DC (although a DC clock doesn't get much done!). But it's a waste of effort using a 555, many PIC's can use a simple external RC oscillator (only a resistor and capcitor needed), also those with internal 8MHz oscillators can commonly be switched to lower speeds - consult the datasheets for them.

and microchip has made an compiler.I think.

MicroChip sell a C compiler, but not a BASIC one, but there are various BASIC ones available.

I think i beter get to lernig how to program there wonderful thingys.

I i found ou that bouth of my orederd PICs have low voltage in circuit programing .if i undersod right:insted of aplying 13V to the reset pin you aply ony 5V (directly Vdd)

No, they use an extra pin for low voltage programming, which renders that pin unusable as I/O - generally it's not a much used feature!.

Cod you give me the name of such an BASIC compiler

I want it to make programs for PIC16F88 (wod be nice if ot work for the PIC18F252)

No need to give me links just give me names of free ones (il find the downloads my self)

Someone Electro said:
Cod you give me the name of such an BASIC compiler

I want it to make programs for PIC16F88 (wod be nice if ot work for the PIC18F252)

No need to give me links just give me names of free ones (il find the downloads my self)

There are no 'free' ones, although many do offer limited demo versions. You might try **broken link removed** for some compiler demos.

Thaks a hundred times nigel!!!

This one is perfect
It can compile code for PIC12,PIC16 and PIC18

the only reson i wanted to pogram in BASIC was becsoe i know VisualBasic(the languages are quite simaler and there bout wery simple)

it tock me some soime to find out its limitaions and the only limitaons is that the output hex file cant be larger than 2k (like im never going to fill that up)

Someone Electro said:
Thaks a hundred times nigel!!!

This one is perfect

It's even from somewhere fairly close to you, although I must admit to being pretty vague about where all these countries are :lol:

It can compile code for PIC12,PIC16 and PIC18

the only reson i wanted to pogram in BASIC was becsoe i know VisualBasic(the languages are quite simaler and there bout wery simple)

As I always mention, it's important to learn some assembler, you are limiting your possibilities with a high level compiler otherwise - knowing how to write something in assembler can help you greatly while using BASIC or C.

yep slovenia was 15 years ago part of repupbic jugoslavia (so was croatia,bosna...)

Good thing we will get Euro curency in about 1-2 years (we just got in the european union)This means no problems whith curency for ordering components in other cuntrys (whith Euro curency ufcurce)

Did you guys now than an slovenean company programed BS Player (its an powerful media player that plays varius formats).I am usin Real player.

Im geting my PIC16F88 betwen 9th and 12th (too bad PIC18F252 is out of stock)

Nigel Goodwin said:
Only assembly language works on ANY processor (pretty well), even a PC runs nothing except asembler.

..........QUOTE]

i F I UNDERSTOOD RIGHT, IT IS ONLY MACHINE CODE THAT WORKS-- not even assy language--

Nigel Goodwin said:
There's an OLD application note at MicroChip using a very old PIC driving LED displays to give a 50MHz auto-ranging frequency counter!, and you can find a more modern version (that uses a 16C84 or 16F628 - any 18 pin PIC) from Weeder technologies that uses an LCD display. Have a look at .
.......... .

Hi Nigel,
I saw an application 1.3 GHz counter-- ofcourse it uses a prescaler SAB6456 from Philips working at 5V( an 8pin DIP)

mvs sarma
You know what is the starting date of this thread...

Always read the data before posting.

Ayne said:
mvs sarma
You know what is the starting date of this thread...

Always read the data before posting.

Don't worry about it
being in pakistan, you are 30mnts ahead of india ( GMT+5hrs) where as India is GMT+5.5

acroos globe these things happen-- let us confine to technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back