Nid some help abt my proj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone1

I am elec engineering final year student and I am now working on my final year project
My lecturer suggested to me that I build a robot training kit wif a GUI.The objective is to help new comer to enter robotic world and aim to those that has limited programming skills especially assembly

In my hardware, i will be using microcontroller and intended to let the users attach the motor, sensors ..etc...
while in the software part, the user will use very simple programming (or choose the setting or enter parameters in the preprared text box) to control the microcontroller.
Now here is my question, how to I code my VB so that the interface will create the assembly according to the users setting and loaded it to the microcontroller? any idea to do that ?
The 2nd question is that wat shud i do to connect da PC to the microcontroller ? rs232?

Hi if i see your second question than it suprises me that you ask this as a final electronics engeneering student

also the first question is not realy clear

What is VB ?

and if i read it well then you mean that according sertain user settings code have to be generated and loaded into the microcontroller

is it not that you write the code and load it up the micro controller and that depending on sertain user settings the micro controler runs a diferent swiching patern

i can not help you on the technical side of programing the microprosesor i only try to formulate the question in a way that sombody would understand it

if this is what you ask than ask this question in the micro prosesor section of this forum

Robert-Jan

VB is Visual Basic...
I once wrote some VB which remotely controlled my Radio Scanner via RS232, the advantage here was that the scanner accepted standard ASCII input. Certain values had to be sent at the start and end of each transmission but this was not an issue and was just hard coded into the program.
See if you can modify your uC to accept ASCII input, and it will simplify your life greatly.

Edit: In the future please correct your spelling and grammar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…