Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nifty hospital electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on the successful bypass! Were they able to do you orthoscopically? It is pretty astounding what they can do with a couple of tiny 1cm incisions.

Torben[/QUOTE]

No I had the full deal. A 22, 23cm incision in the chest and a split Chest bone plus a 30cm incision on my leg to get the artery to use in the actual bypass

My chest is now held together with wire staples. I am thinking of inductively connecting myself to a laptop as a self contained WiFi aerial.:D :D

No I had the full deal. A 22, 23cm incision in the chest and a split Chest bone plus a 30cm incision on my leg to get the artery to use in the actual bypass
[/quote]

Yow. Yeah, my father-in-law had open-heart surgery Christmas before last. It's hard for me to feel too sorry for myself after having seen him go through that.

My chest is now held together with wire staples. I am thinking of inductively connecting myself to a laptop as a self contained WiFi aerial.:D :D

Hehe. I think the wavelength is wrong for the aerial length. Maybe you could mount the antenna a foot or so in front of your chest and use the staples as a reflector.

I've got a knee full of staples too. Looks like someone stapled a 10cm line of raw hamburger to my leg.

Torben

Out of curiosity. Are these staples detected by metal detectors e.g at the airport or hand held scanners as used at the entrance to some high security buildings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back