Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise making circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
This needs to be finished quickly so I will have to use what i have, which is that chip we dont mention ;).

Yes of course a class D with a ..., my benchg signal tracer uses one.

He thinks its super cool! I told him I will do a mar II version, and he wants to come and watch! Might be handy then he can choose the sounds! Still going to keep it analogue, have to use what I have but thats good, it makes me get creative :D

Soemone at college built an analogue synth, very interesting and time wasting twiddling buttons to get sounds.

I have heard of theremins, A cap touch type one would be cool, not much good for a gun tho :p

My wife wants me to build her a theramine, doesnt appeal to me.
Didnt the original ones in the 50s use rf to detect proximity?

Not sure, I have seen IR ones tho! they look pretty lame, if I was going to do one I might try pic CTMU and do it all on cap sensing, thinking about it I have also seen one made from 2 ultra sonic transducers, I did have an idea for a conductors stick that used a cheap RF wireless link, the sound would have been from an accelerometer and gyroscope, so as you waved it around like a conductor the sound would change. I have a 2/3 schematic somewhere, I gave up because when the accelerometer arrived it was tiny and I dropped it outside! Maybe I should send off for samples again :D

I got the idea from dragons den tv show, they had a man that had made a harry potter wand to controll things with using IR and a accelerometer.

So they were, I see moog are still selling products.
I doubt I'll design something, getting rf osc's to align sounds like a right pain.
I bet you can get them midi these days too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back