Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nonverter to BCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

justas12

hi, i need to make a circuit, where 7-segments bin code is converted to bcd code, using CMOS.And circuit shoud have EI (enable input). I really need help.please

Last edited:
hi, i need to make a circuit, where 7-segments bin code is converted to bcd code, using CMOS.And circuit shoud have EI (enable input). I really need help.please

hi,
Look for a 74C915 datasheet, it old.:)

thanks, but firstly, i need to make the circuit using logic elements.:eek:

I see.!:)

Is this college work.?
Can you post the circuit you have drawn, so that we can check what you have done.?

yes it is work for my studies. i don't have what to show now, because i dont know how to start this job. is there any algorithm to make meaning table?

yes it is work for my studies. i don't have what to show now, because i dont know how to start this job. is there any algorithm to make meaning table?

hi,
The 7 segments of a display are 'named' a,b,c,d,e,f,g.
The 'a' seg is the top segment, then counting clockwise b,c,d,e,f.... the g seg is the centre segment.

So write out 10 columns of 7 segments showing when the seg is lit as a '1' and not lit as a '0'.

So start your columns at column "0" BCD
this one will be the BCD number zero "0", the next column will be "1" and so on.
Code:
    "0"  "1"   "2"  "3" ... so on to "9"
a   1     0
b   1     1
c   1     1
d   1     0
e   1     0
f   1     0
g   0     0

Do you follow this part, so far.?

Last edited:
but 7segments binary code, have 128 meanings.am i right?.....2^7=128...

hi,
It is not binary, if it was you would be correct.:)

Its a 7 segment code, look at these images.

OK.?

EDIT: are you confusing 'segments' with 'bits'.???

Attachments

• esp01 Dec. 16.gif
    esp01 Dec. 16.gif
    10.4 KB · Views: 149
  • esp02 Dec. 16.gif
    esp02 Dec. 16.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
hi,
OR is this what you are trying to do.:confused:

Attachments

• esp03 Dec. 16.gif
    esp03 Dec. 16.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 140
i need to do this:

input output
1 0000001 to 0001
......... ...............
128 1000000 to 0001 0010 1000

Last edited:
i need to do this:

input output
1 0000001 to 0001
......... ...............
128 1000000 to 0001 0010 1000

hi,
So its the last block diagram I posted: 7 bit binary to 3 digit BCD conversion.

When you said segments in your first post I read it as a 7 segment [LED display] to BCD... they used to make an ic to do just that.!

Have you SEARCHED this forum for binary to BCD .?

EDIT: this is one thread asking the same question.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/binary-to-bcd-converter.38418/

Last edited:
yes i read forum...and i need to this using logic elements...shoud i write all 128 binary meanings? what should i do next?

yes i read forum...and i need to this using logic elements...shoud i write all 128 binary meanings? what should i do next?

hi,
You will find using simple logic elements that configuring a 7 bit binary to 3 digit BCD is quite difficult.
I dont think you writing all the 0 to 127 binary/bcd's will be helpful.

Who has set you this problem.?

Look thru this link.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
i saw this algorithm yesterday...but i didn't understant how does it works.. maybe, because of my bad english..can you a little explain and i will try to make similiar table..?

i cant use microcontroler, because my task is tu make circuit using CMOS.

hi,
What you have to do is to make 7 of the "C" modules, all the "C" modules are exactly the same. See image #1.
Look at the module truth table, this is the logic block you have to design, its not easy.

When you have the 7 "C" modules connect them as image #2.

Attachments

• esp07 Dec. 16.gif
    esp07 Dec. 16.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 155
  • esp08 Dec. 16.gif
    esp08 Dec. 16.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back