Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

not gate oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lowpass filter is only a single capacitor, C6. For it to pass a human whistle then it does not reduce the level from the beeping oscillator enough.
I think it will keep on beeping.

If you have the circuit physicly and it's a piezo please do a little swap
with a small coil speaker and let us know.
The inpedance of the speaker should be high i think.
The circuit is designed to drive a 10k ohm piezo transducer with a signal of only a couple of mA. Nobody makes a 10k ohm speaker, 64 ohms is the highest I have seen and this circuit will not drive it. Adding a transformer to a speaker will simply reduce its output level.

The project needs a real microphone, a good preamp circuit and a sharp bandpass filter for whistle frequencies.
Maybe the mic preamp can be muted when the output of the project drives a piezo beeper.

Maybe I am wrong but I calculate 4.8 kHz frquencey for the last stage.

I take back what I said about the HPF preventing feedback from the oscillator. Indeed, the circuit oscillates as long as C7 is charging, the the oscillation is halted, and the circuit awaits another stimuli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back