Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Notabattery.com fuel cells for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site says they have some kind of EPA approved technology that des something somehow and its sorta like a battery but not or something?
they don't say anything whatsoever about how it works really beside involving H2O and Nickel and hydrogen.
what do you guys think? ever heard of them?
I'm pretty sure its a total load of garbage because they have around the same specs as NIMH and are the same price range. besides the fact that nobody talks about them...

I think I'll stick to normal NiMh cells until something better comes or i switch to NiZn.

notabattery.com | E-Cell Rechargeable Fuel Cells | Batteries

Last edited:
this looks to me like a variation of nickel iron hydride cell, hydrogen is stored within the hydride but can give off a voltage potential, when used up you simply recharge, if however the batteries innards were exposed to air the hydrogen would dissipate and the battery would become useless.

there are many different batteries using the same technology, on the site it also says it uses the same technology as hybrid cars, someone correct me if im wrong but dont hybrids use Lithium Ion cells

Last edited:
yeah Li Ion is what i thought, so really unless they know something we dont, isnt that like false advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back