Nube needs help with a motor PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty

Hi all I was hoping someone here maybe able to help me out-
Ok so here is the story I have a Mazda RX8 which I love but when I bought it I didnt get the built in sat nave which is a motorised pop up screen so I have hunted around and managed to get one but the problem is the guy who had it before has done a bit of modding changing the screen to a 7 inch touch pc screen and in doing so trashed the control pcb for the motor (he chucked it before anyone asks)
So I was hoping no praying that someone here can advise me on how to knock one up all it needs to do is open and shut via a button but it will have to know when to stop driving it open and shut aswell.
I should warn all my electronics knowledge is extremely limited but I am quite handy with a solder iron.
So if anyone can help please please do.

Attachments

• satnav.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 137
Without seeing the mechanical side of it. I would start there. Maybe google servo motors. Most hobby shops have them and they are simple to control.

Here is the motor that is in place and the switch is a 3 wire function button.

Attachments

• IMG_0222.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 165
Looks like a DC motor. Does the motor have any info. I would guess, since in a car, 12VDC. You can make a circuit to apply power to it for a set time, and flip the polarity and probably make it work. Have you tried taking a low power 12 volt dc wall transformer to it (with a current limiting resistor if you have one) and see if the motor will run it up or down, then reverse the leads and see if it runs the other way.

Ok your getting a little to complicated for me but this diagram was given to me yesterday from a guy who had the sam issue and somone he knows made this up.

Attachments

• pcb.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 134
That looks like it will do the job, but you will have to hold the button until it gets open and closed.

yeah thats my only problem with it is holding the button id prefered a one push open one push shut but it maybe getting to complicated if I went down that path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…