on-on-on pushbutton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most guitar pickup circuits on the web say that the output of the pickup is in Volts, not millivolts and a gain of less than only 3 is needed.

I guess they come with a preamplifier nowadays. Mine were just the pickups without any amplification.

I guess they come with a preamplifier nowadays. Mine were just the pickups without any amplification.
Here is a typical preamp. Its gain is only 3dB which is only 1.4 times the voltage:

Attachments

• guitar preamp.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 173
Thanks for the help.

Looking at:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/pickup-sch-pdf.26815/

Can I tie Out-I, OUT-II, OUT-III together? I want this to be a 3 input, one output device. Sorry if that wasn't clear to start. And yes, battery powered. Two 9Vs is fine, if negative voltage is required.

Are these 2mA LEDs some sort of surface mount thing? I called my local electronics store and he'd never heard of something like this. Looking on DigiKey, the only ones I could find were surface mount.

I have no idea what my input signal voltages of the 3 different instruments are, but they all use passive electronics. From what I've read, this means a signal range of 100mV to 1V. I'm thinking they are closer to the lower end of this range, especially on the Dobro.

I put in a 10K pot, wanting to act as a volume control between the 3 instruments, as they all vary in signal strength.

Lastly, I'd like to avoid distortion, or even amplification of the signal if at all possible. I'm looking for as pure to the original signal as possible (with a slight decrease through the 10 K pot if necessary).

Thanks again.

Looking at:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/pickup-sch-pdf.26815/

Can I tie Out-I, OUT-II, OUT-III together? I want this to be a 3 input, one output device. I want this to be a 3 instrument selector. Sorry if that wasn't clear to start. And yes, battery powered. Two 9Vs is fine, if negative voltage is required.

I have no idea what my input signal voltages of the 3 different instruments are, but the 2 guitars use passive magnetic pickups. From what I've read, this means a signal range of 100mV to 1V. I'm thinking they are closer to the lower end of this range, especially on the Dobro.

In my diagram, I put in a 10K pot, wanting to act as a volume control between the 3 instruments, as they all vary in signal strength.

Are these 2mA LEDs some sort of surface mount thing? I called my local electronics store and he'd never heard of something like this. Looking on DigiKey, the only ones I could find were surface mount.

Lastly, I'd like to avoid distortion, or even amplification of the signal if at all possible. I'm looking for as pure to the original signal as possible (with a slight decrease through the 10 K pot if necessary).

Thanks again.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…