Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

on pic programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the many books on the net is:

**broken link removed**

I have not read it fully yet but it seems to have covered many aspects of PIC.

I found the first couple chapters very helpful, but when I got here I just kind of scratched my head and said "HUH?"

**broken link removed**

The chapter is called Assembly Language Programming, but arn't these basic instructions or maybe C? I'm looking at the datasheet right now for a 16F628a pic and I don't see any of these instructions listed here. Just wondering if I'm seriously missing something here.

KMD said:
I'm looking at the datasheet right now for a 16F628a pic and I don't see any of these instructions listed here. Just wondering if I'm seriously missing something here.

No problem. The commands/instructions you have seen are called control directives which control how the compiler/assembler handles your program codes. Some are commands related to macros. One important command tells the assembler which PIC chip you would be using as they are all different.

They do not directly related to the instructions for a particular PIC so you will not see them in the datasheet of any PIC.

However, you need to understand most of them, at least a few at this very moment. Just read on. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back