One more question about eagle software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to make a gerber file from the eagle software for a PCB printing house??
Yes. Eagle is coomonly used to generate such files. I etch my own and never done so. I think you do it with a CAM job.

EDIT:
One the the PCB places (maybe the one associated with Sparkfun) has a tutorial on doing just that.

Last edited:
You can also just open one of the job files that's included in the eagle install. It will make everything except for the drill file. You have to open another job to get the excellon drill.

From the control panel open "CAM JOBS".

Select gerb274x.cam. Type in the file name and the rest is done automatically.

You might also select gerber.cam.

Most of the PCB manufacturers work using extended gerber, so its adivsable to use gerb274x.cam.

Boncuk

He needs to use the drill job as well for the drill output (excellon).

There are already adequate drill files contained in the set of Gerber files. An Exellon file is required only if you want to drill your PCB using a CNC controlled drill press and the layout is not created by a Gerber photo plotter. Most of them understand just Exellon.

My PCB manufacturer never asks for Exellon files and makes the boards very much to my satisfaction just with the entire set of Gerber files.

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…