OP AMP Voltage Buffer/Distributor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamey

I have a voltage signal of 0-5V that I wish to split up and send to multiple circuits (max of 4). I want to keep these circuits isolated so that if there's a problem with one of them that they won't interfere with the voltage to the other circuits. The frequency is low (<100Hz). I want to make sure the voltage difference between each output is as small as possible (perhaps 10mV). The operating temp of this circuit would be from around 30F to 100F and I don't want the voltage to change because of temperature.

Is it really just as easy as having a simple non-inverting op-amp set up as a voltage follower and having all the inputs tied together? What would you recommend as a good op-amp

Sorry for the simple question, I'm more of a digital guy.

A quad op-amp seems to be the right thing to do, but keeping the results within .01 volts will probably require small adjusting potentiometers. There are op-amps guaranteed tighter than .01 volts, but I think that will require 4 seperate chips. I'll go look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…