Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

oscilator an example to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

iurelectr

Dear friends,
please post here a small example of an oscilator (without a PIC, just the amplifier and other electronic components) for me to learn how it works.

Please post the values of the pieces.

It chould turn on a led and then turn it off.

All the best,
iurelectr

please visit: "Tales for The Ones in Love" (tales I rote)
and leave comment at "my shout box"

I think what he really wants to know is:

How do tank oscillators work?
What is there THEORY OF OPERATION?
What is the most stable Oscillator?
What kind of oscillator is used professionally the most?

Yes, I would like to know what is the most used oscilator...
but, regardless of that, considereing the LC oscilator:
imagine you want a led to be turned on and of one time per second...
(second one: turns on; second two: turns off)

how can I obtain the "Resonant frequency" for that?

Well there are two ways, the first is to teach you a years worth of signal processing and control systems technique. The faster way is to give you a circuit and tell you the equation that the resonant peak occurs.

for a series RLC circuit, the resonant frequency is at W = 1/(2*pi*sqrt(L*C)

to answer your question,
the most common type of oscilator depends on your application.

if you want low frequency oscillators, you will use an OpAmp in your design.

If you are interested in RF transmission you want a Colpitt, Harley or Pierce Oscillator.

Most oscillators replace the inductor, resistor and capacitor network by a Piezoelectric crystal. The advantage of such a crystal is that it has very tight tolerances and deviates very little from its specification. The advantage of that is that you dont have the frequency of your oscillator jumping all over the place!

I think what he really wants to know is:

How do tank oscillators work?
What is there THEORY OF OPERATION?
What is the salmmy award 2009 part 5?
What kind of oscillator is used professionally the most?

woking of tank oscillator:- well in the LC tank circuit firstly the capacitor charges through the input voltage, now after full charging of capacitor when it discharges it charges the inductor. now when an inductor discharges it charges the capacitor and this process is goes on...

most stable oscillator is crystal oscillator in which we use piezoelectric crystal at the place of tank circuit.

generally we use hartley or collpitts oscillator for the RF transmitters..

Yes, I would like to know what is the most used oscilator...
but, regardless of that, considereing the LC oscilator:
imagine you want a led to be turned on and of one time per second...
(second one: turns on; second two: turns off)

how can I obtain the "Resonant frequency" for that?

why are you using an oscillator circuit for the turn on and off of LED....

you can use 555 timer IC which provides you adjustable on and off time.

I believe he is talking about astable multivibrator which is an oscillator that generates square wave.
This can make the leds on and off.

I believe he is talking about astable multivibrator which is an oscillator that generates square wave.
This can make the leds on and off.

this circuit can be constructed with the help of 555 timer but if still you want to do with an oscillator than make a LC oscillator and adjust its frequency that you want by taking the appropriate values of L and C.

frequency f= 1/2*pie√(L*C)

I'm just curious, where did the OP mention using a LC circuit?

If this is the case a simple 555 will do the trick.

Answered my own question, his second post. Most simple oscillators don't use LC circuits, unless they are high frequency. Even the low frequency sine wave generators tend to use RC circuits that emulate LC one way or another, or use a two RC networks that manage to select one frequency.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back