PC grounding problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

renzen

Hi,
My place use type F electric plug, but the grounding is not working at all. Years ago, while I still running digital printing business, I use about 10 meters stainless steel rod to the ground(earth) and the wire direct to the type F electric plug ground connection. Everything is okay.
Now I move to the 2nd floor and the grounding is not working, because the ground connection is not connected with the 1st floor grounding. Since there's only lamp and small electronics on the 1st floor, I move the grounding wire to the 2nd floor and the wire direct to the type F electric plug ground connection. When I touch PC casing, there's no static electricity, so it's working. But when I want to go out, I heard a sound from the main electric terminal box on the 1st floor, like a high voltage pulse sound. But I see nothing and everything looks fine. Than I remove the ground wire, the sound is disappear. Than I connecting the grounding wire direct to my PC case. The sound from the main electric terminal box is back. To avoid undesirable things, I stop using the grounding wire.
My question, how to ground my PC?

Last edited:
The ideal thing is to have only ONE earth connection where telephone, cable, power come together. It's not always possible to do so.
Stainless has LESS conductive than copper.

The coax should only be grounded at one point. You can, however ground the mast of an antenna and also have a surge suppressor to another ground rod.

IDEAL is one SINGLE ground point for all systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…