PC problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

@MR

hi there,

i have a problem with my computer...

first of course, i open the AVR, after that i press the switch to open the computer unit... ok here's the prob, when i press the switch, i have to wait for several minutes before the system opens, that was the problem i encountered last few days... the worst thing right now is that i have to wait for several hours before it opens.

i need to fix it before the finals, plsss i need help... tnx

Last edited:
You have provided absolutely no information that can be used to answer you question that I can see. What is this AVR you're talking about, switch to open the computer unit?

oh i'm sori...

AVR is the Voltage Regulator... (i think there's no problem with this)

the switch i'm saying is the switch that we press to open the PC... normally, right after we press the switch the computer opens, but in my case, it took a long time for my computer to open...

tnx

i think "open" translates into what we call boot up. in other words when its ready to use?

i think "switch" translates to what we call latch. in other words when the internal parts are exposed?

i think switch means the button on the front. i think he has to hold it down because its an atx power supply and you have to hold it for a few seconds. if it takes too long to boot that means you have a lot of stuff running in the background more than likely. a lot of stuff on the taskbar?? what operating system are you running and what type of hardware?

i'm sori if the informations are not exactly that clear...

ok, this is the scenario, i am to use my computer, all others like monitor, modem are ready to use... they are just waiting signal from the computer unit, i cannot start my work because the computer is not starting to boot, no light indicator on, no fan, everything in the system is not running, well i have to wait for several hours, 2 to 4 hours before i can use it...

sori but i am not familiar with some technical terms about the computer, but hope you understand what i'm saying... tnx

Looks like Gaston got it =) Apparently @MR has a significantly less than masterful knowledge of the English language =) Just harder to answer the post and get information.

If it's takeing 2 to 4 hours to get power to the machine something really weird is going on... Does the bios screen (system and memory test) come up very soon and it just take a long time to boot?
Sounds like it could be a virus, but there's nothing to explain a delay in the time it takes for the machine to electrically turn on after the power button is pressed. Not two hours at least.

Last edited:
i need not to hold it for few seconds, normally after we press the switch button, the system will imidiately respond, initialize hardware, everything, then will start the OS. the prob is there's no imidiate response on the system right after i press the button... i can use the computer but i have to wait for a long period of time.

i'm going to shoot from the hip and say power supply. the reason being that he has you have to wait a certain amount of time but then it works fine

2 hours? That's beyond queer. I've never heard of anything like that before. Maybe there's some kind of strange delay on the 'power safe' feature? Replacing the power supply and seeing if it works is a good idea though. Power supplies are cheap.

is there any prob in the mother board or anything else???

maybe i'll just try with another power supply

i mean it works very fine after i wait a long time... well its not really fine to wait...

Try swapping it out with a different power supply first, if that doesn't work you may have a more serious problem on your hands.

ok tnx... i will give you another problem after testing ... tnx for the concern...

Does the computer start on its own 2 hours after you press the button or do you have to hold the button for 2 hours. Or do you have to press the button repeatedly for the entire 2 hours and eventually it starts?

Motherboard problem

The problem is with the motherboard. Check the electrolytic capacitors. If the tops of some capacitors are swelled, change them.

Your problem will be definately solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…