PCB error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi There,

After etching a PCB I discovered a big spot across some of the traces - proberly from a finger. I transfered the PCB layout from a transperant film. What would be the best way to remove "finger" and others from both the PCB and the film before etching without destroyng them?

Attachments

• PCB.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 131
or wear latex/nitrile gloves ... that way the missplaced thumb won't cause any grief.

as far as your pcb, that area is ruined, you could possible etch and then use a fine blade / very fine dremel bit to remove the offending bits of copper bridging the traces

the film is ruined, anything to clean the thumbprint off will also damange the plastic film or remove the toner/ink.

Hello, sort anoob here

hello ladies and gents!
I've been kind of lurking around.
I love this site! thanks for having me

I wouldn't recommend using film because it's far too sensitive to finger prints. Try using tracing paper, it diffuses the light very slightly so fine inperfections like specks of dust and finger prints while keeping the important stuff like your artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…