PCB Fab Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not going to lie but you have great prices there.. nice reorder prices too!!!

Attachments

• PCB.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 343
hehi can see by your post. I never suggested you ONLY advertise here. But this is a perfect topic to do so in Thanks!

You can try our service, if you are satisfied, we also welcome you to advertise it for us. Of course, we are paid.

heh ill test out the service this week... Friday is pay day

Ill try it on this:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/power-from-car-battery.107171/#post878974

Click youtube link...

Its a newer version. Smaller boards. Double Sided

Comes out to $63.67 for 20 LED Boards. which is 5 projects worth. This im selling with installation for $150 ... The main control board ill make it here since i need so little of those heh...

$150 * 5 = $750 ... even if i sell only 1 i make my money back and profit heh

Last edited:
Just thought id share a image of the board i plan to make. Made in Altium Designer...

Attachments

• Lights01.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 273
You might not want to put "AtomSoft" on the silkscreen if it's is going to go in the cars that could be pulled over for this. Also the traces look really thin for power traces.

Hey hey its a prototype. I didnt finish it yet. its just here for overall looks lol. ... thanks for tips Mark

Is this better?

**broken link removed**

Attachments

• pcb2.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I can't really tell. As long as anything transmitting actual current rather than just signal lines has a decent trace width, it should be fine. For big currents I try to use those trace width calculators. I don't know what current those LED's take, but I'm assuming something reasonable like 16 to 24mil is adequate. I've done LED brake lights before, but those were just point to point wiring on perfboard.

It would be pretty sweet if you could tap into a tach signal to make the pattern RPM dependent. So faster flashes for faster engine. I don't know if you did that or not, but I couldn't see that on your video.

Heh Yes the power and ground was increased... The current usage is small like 30mA-100mA depending on sequence. I have no need that tach stuff. I know nothing about cars heh... nothing at all. But as you can see it doesnt matter much heh

I had a US quote for boards: $770.00

The quote from China was $230.00 including overnight delivery.

Who do you think I chose?

I have had excellent quotes from China too.
The only downside is the turnaround time which is around a month.
I got 10 9" by 6" pcbs for £107.

A few notes.

Even when you have your boards made there is a chance that the etching will not go quite right.

Where possible avoid thin traces and small clearances to maximize the chance of a successful etch.

Using larger restring diameters will reduce the chance of pads lifting during soldering.

I have had excellent quotes from China too.
The only downside is the turnaround time which is around a month.
I got 10 9" by 6" pcbs for £107.

Welcome to PCBWING, you will be around the same price in 10 days to get PCB.

When you get used to after using our service, you will find it is very convenient, the working originallybelonging to the market department ,now all without human interference. People just need to concentrate on dealing with technical issues, marketing department has been greatly streamlined. This is one of the reasons that we have low prices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…