Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcb mount, standoff, stud

Status
Not open for further replies.

harps

hello

im trying to figure the best way to mount a pcb to a 1.5 mm thin aluminium panel, it will have a row of leds on the pcb for the front panel of a box. I wonder,is there a way to mount a pcb without drilling a hole through to the other side? I have seen plastic stick on stand-offs, which seem o.k, I thought maybe there is a more secure way to do this at home without buying an expensive machine?

thanks for help : )

hello

im trying to figure the best way to mount a pcb to a 1.5 mm thin aluminium panel, it will have a row of leds on the pcb for the front panel of a box. I wonder,is there a way to mount a pcb without drilling a hole through to the other side? I have seen plastic stick on stand-offs, which seem o.k, I thought maybe there is a more secure way to do this at home without buying an expensive machine?

thanks for help : )

I would just go with a urethane adhesive like sikaflex. Many cars now days have various panels stuck with this stuff & just a couple of tack welds

If you have threaded standoffs, (2057-440-AL-7: RAF ELECTRONIC HARDWARE: Electromechanical) fasten them to your PCB. Sand the aluminum panel where the standoffs will touch. Coat the end of the standoff with JB Weld epoxy. Position the PBC/standoffs against the panel and press into place. Allow to cure for 24 to 48 hours.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back