Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pcf8583, help !!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

8cube

hi.. i need to use pcf8583 to display time on a LCD... it is a programmable chip, after programming to 8051, it will send the data through i2c.
is it possible to use c program to use C to write the program? i have no idea how to write the program even i read through the whole datasheet of pcf8583 , anyone can help?

yes use "mikroC" its an c compiler for PICs anway you still need to lern some stuff to use it (becose PICs arent the same as PCs)

and i laso think that asembely is realy dumb!

hi

no... it just has less than 30 pages...
wat is PIC?i never learn assembly language . i learned keil C before... , i would like to use 8051 and pcf8583 which are interface by i2c...

Re: hi

8cube said:
no... it just has less than 30 pages...
wat is PIC?i never learn assembly language . i learned keil C before... , i would like to use 8051 and pcf8583 which are interface by i2c...

A PIC is a micro-controller from MicroChip, so popular that PIC has now become a common name for micro-controllers (rather like Hoover and vacuum cleaners).

Everything you need to know about the 8583 is in the datasheet.

PIC is an realy popular microcontroler made by MicroChip.Its probobly the most popular microcontroler around and its easy to program over ICSP (In Circut Serial Programing) so you can even have an 5 pin conector on your PCB in wich you simply plug in a cable and program it (so you can program it whithout taking it out if you make the crcuit right)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back