Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pellet stove motor help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hersheysmom50

Hello I am new here and desperately need help.
We have a Pellet stove (installed last spring) it was burning on level 4 and started to make a terrible noise--with a strong acrid (sp?) smell and smoke following. I panicked and turned the stove off at the wall switch. The smell and smoke are almost gone but I am certainly not going to turn the stove back on.
Unfortunately the store where we bought the stove is closed for the next 2 days--so I cannot contact them.
Does this sound like it might be some kind of motor(fan) burning out--or something much bigger??

Since my husband is in the hospital right now I am hoping to get some kind of handle on this BEFORE he comes home.

Thanks for any info you can give to me
K Woods

Is the Pellet stove your only source of heat ?

If the unit is still under warranty, perhaps the store has an after hours number for emergencies?

I do not know much about these units. But I am guessing they have a fan motor and a motor to feed pellets. If you would post the brand and model number we may be able to take a look at it on the web.

3v0

Have you got a 3 phase supply ?

It could have been connected up to 380 or 400 Volts instead of 220 - 230 Volts.

Sure, sounds like it could be a motor burning up, buts it impossible to know for sure without more information and being able to look at it. If it is a motor, you need to figure out why it burnt up, normally an electric motor lasts many years. Yours could have been defective, or it could have become jammed up or somthing. Had this stove been working okay for a while before all this happend? You don't list your location, but i doubt you have 3 phase power in your home. If you are in the USA, it is possibly the motor was wired up 240v insted if 120v, but thats pure speculation. Your best bet is going to be getting someone local to come out and take a look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back