Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC LED Power Meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

4pyros

Most Helpful Member
I would like to make somthing like this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a17npSgAtXo&feature=related
It is from this web site that I can not read;
https://s-o.webnode.cz/vu-metr/
I would go the usual route but I like the peak hold display.
I want it for a single channel, maybe 10 to 20 LEDs charlie plexed on a smaller PIC.
I would like it calibrated for 500 watts across 4 ohms with a scale that gets finer at the end.

Has any one seen Kits like this?
Can anyone help me make this?

I will need to make 12 of them.

Andy

Translation of VU-meter, hope this helps:

Measuring levels of an audio signal, an indicator of excitation, PPM - a top indicator, and a VU meter. The designers of these devices certainly are familiar circuit LM3914, LM3915, UAA180, A277D. These are probably the most popular drivers LED scale (bargraph). Among the properties of these circuits but I missed memory spikes, so I proposed a new design for the VU meter with microprocessor PIC16F88.

Stereosignál is displayed on a scale of 2 x 16 LED selectable modes:
- Display bar / point
- Scale logarithmic / linear
- Memory Peak ON / OFF
- Memory type waterfall / point

Functions can be combined and switched during operation, using the jumpers JP1 to JP4. Of course you can resistors R11 and R14 ukostřit directly, or possibly omitted.
Jumper disconnected short circuited
JP1 display bar display section
JP2 log. lin scale. scale
JP3 memory. On memory. OFF
JP4 memory. waterfall memory. point

Waterfall means that the LED lights 500ms and then "slides" down.
If the selected memory-point, it would be without it going down.

Who does not conform to a logarithmic progression, you can create your own, so the table is placed in the log data EEPROM. A total of 16 values​​, the first at 0x00 (LED chief) and the last to 0x0F. (You can send your suggestions). Linear values ​​are part of the program.

Potentiometer P1 adjusts the sensitivity of analog inputs. The lower the voltage to VREF +, the sensitivity is greater. I recommend a minimum VREF + 200mV for maximum sensitivity. If the audio signal will be weaker, it will be necessary to intensify. If the signal is very strong (all LED lights while the VREF + = 5V), the audio signal is muted, as trimmer.

I have a new idea, read someware that someone used two LM3914 or LM3915 to make a display with peak hold. One in bargraph and one in dot mode driving the same LEDs. But I could not find any details on the project. Has anyone seen something like this?
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back