PIC lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coldrush, try Parallax Home. The Basic stamp is a great way to start. Also your local library should have some great books on the subject.... It's amazing what they have today.

Hello,

may sound like real basics, do you have the PIC software avaliable because it has got some great functions like flowCharts if you so wish, and it allows you to right in BASIC and then test and debug the code which I think is great..

If you have already got this then sorry.... Eric has given you everything you need to know...

Cheers,

Owen

thanx for the replies guys. i really appreciate the help. eric where did you that amazing site? ive already sent the link to all of my friends.
denis, isn't Stamp stuff expensive??? can I make my own development kits or get them cheaply???

thanx for the replies guys. i really appreciate the help. eric where did you that amazing site? ive already sent the link to all of my friends.
denis, isn't Stamp stuff expensive??? can I make my own development kits or get them cheaply???

Yes, it's an antique, it's VERY slow, and it's EXTREMELY expensive.

If you want something similar, but much cheaper, check out PICAXE - which is a BASIC interpreter as well, but all in a single chip and they cost barely any more than a normal PIC.

I'd recommend Swordfish BASIC SE free edition. Hands down the best basic for microcomtrollers I've ever used. The JPUG newsletters on my site have many examples and it's so much more powerful than the Stamp.

Swordfish is a very good basic. It is a far richer language then the basic I have seen built into chips.

I'd recommend Swordfish BASIC SE free edition. Hands down the best basic for microcomtrollers I've ever used. The JPUG newsletters on my site have many examples and it's so much more powerful than the Stamp.

Seconded, the free version will do more than most people will ever need.

Mike.

for a beginner (like me) with no programming experience I found it difficult to understand the lingo in most links. I dont know if Ive ever seen it posted here before but I highly recommend "Flowcode." Its a visual program that actually allows you to add things like LCD's, bluetooth, LED's, 7 segment displays, graphic LCDs, servo's, RS232 and a ton more stuff and makes it easy to get a project working.

Im a visual person so unless I "see" it working and do it myself I find it hard to figure out what other people are telling me. Give the demo a shot...I got an LCD project working in 20 minutes displaying whatever I wanted! Its also great to "see" the flow of the programming 1 step at a time ((you can run it in real time or slow it way down to see exactly whats happening step by step)) In the end you can compile the flowchart into "C" and start figuring out from there how the code is actually working and learn from that. Its a little expensive for the full version but it was invaluable to me.

Heres the link...I don't think you'll be dissapointed
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…