Pic+optocupler+transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

laki101

can somebody help me wiring all of this together

so i want to control some 220v lights with a pic using a transistor and to have the optocupler to separate the 220v from the pic

now I am not 100% sure how to wire it and where and what value resistor do I need in the circuit

so some simple schematic would be great

Thanks

so you have the pic output that switches the optocoupler, no should i put a resistor between the pic and the optocoupler and then the optocoupler switches the transistor and I dont have any idea how to wire that part

so thats the circuit

Your resistor value should be selected to ensure the optocoupler has the correct forward bias voltage across it. Without knowing the specifications of the optocoupler or the voltage you are using, it is unlikely that anyone can tell you the exact resistance value you need.

If you want to control 220VAC then just buy a solid-state relay of the appropriate output current capacity. These consist of an opto isolator and a switch in one module. They typically require 10-20mA of dc to turn-on so you may need to add a transistor at the PIC output to provide this current.

Just Google "solid-state relay" for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…