Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pic Output to Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard.c

Hi All,

Just wondered if it was possible, by very simple means, for a simple pulse from a pic output port to be picked up by a pc or mac so that an 'alarm' email would be sent.

A pic output buffer would be needed, but I did not want to goto for full usb or rs232 communications and a receiving program on the pc.

Thought something like a simple signal change on a unused ps2 connector or usb pin might be possible but simply do not know the pc architecture to try.
I have used some video security programs that will send an email from software motion detect events but again thought a simpler version may be around - somewhere I haven't found yet.

thanks

Richard

Yes, it is possible. Just use the PC parallel port (ditch the mac...)

Then just make a program in visual basic or c/c++ (or python), and have it send ya an email. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back