Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic programmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheatgamer30000

hi i am new to pic programming and i want to build a pic programmer myself because they are to expensive to buy premade ones can you please post some schematics of good pic programmers that can program as many as possible thanks fred

Cheap pic programmers can be had for less than 20 dollars fully assembled.. Schematics can be had by the DOZEN if you just do a google search for them.

cheatgamer30000 said:
hi i am new to pic programming and i want to build a pic programmer myself because they are to expensive to buy premade ones can you please post some schematics of good pic programmers that can program as many as possible thanks fred

If you hop into the microcontroller forum here, there is a writeup on the Inchworm (one of the first post at the top). It is a programmer and in circuit debugger. Serial controlled and very solid. Or visit blueroomelectronics.com I do not use the ICD side a lot, but it works well.

I made a 2x5 connector (for when I put the ICD2 connector on the PCB), one with small pin clips for old PCBs and one with a 18 pin chip clip for the common 18 pin chips. Works well for me.

It is a solid programmer, and the PCB and schematics are posted for you as well. Maybe here use them and can send you the loader software.

You don't have the ambition to find yourself a scematic, yet you are going to build one of these from scratch? I think finding the scematic is going to the easiest part of the whole project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back