PIC1450 USB Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

superbrew

Hello, I have run into a problem trying to get the USB code from **broken link removed**. I have got the code to compile and download to the chip, but when I connect the USB to the computer I get a "USB Device not recognized error. I have to create an .inf file and have floundered around for the past two days and I am not making any progress. I have no idea how to create or write drivers and any information that I have found has been way over my head. If anyone has a working example of this chip and the USB driver or can direct me to a tutorial on how to write my own I would appreciate it. Thanks

If you are talking about Jan's genhid code, why don't you spring for a copy of her book? It worked for me. Alternatively you can download the docs from usb.org and don't forget the forum at USB-IF. You might even get Jan to help you.

Thanks, that wasn't the code that I was using, but I will definitely look into that book.

Also the chip that i am using is the 18f2450 not 1450. I don't know how to edit the thread title.

Last edited:
So there was more than one possible instance of "code from here"?. Which one were you talking about?

Enumeration is a fairly straightforward process. You only have to answer a couple of questions correctly and you're off to the races. Why dont you post your descriptors; there might be an obvious error.

BTW do you have a USB monitor? I'm using the Beagle.

Last edited:
Yes, I was using the code for the "Labs". I got the first lab working and am moving on to the second one. I am not sure what happened, but I shut down my computer a few times and it finally installed correctly. Thanks to those who replied.

My problem was the oscillator settings. Now that I have that set correctly I have got all the USB examples running from Microchip, except for the WinUSB example. I can't get the LED's to toggle or get the switch state. The program just freezes up.

EDIT: I am using an 18f4550 now as well

Last edited:
My problem was the oscillator settings. Now that I have that set correctly I have got all the USB examples running from Microchip, except for the WinUSB example. I can't get the LED's to toggle or get the switch state. The program just freezes up.
WinUSB sample will freeze if you are not using correct linker script - compare you script with sample code and it will take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…