PIC18F8490 Input issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

heepofajeep

Hi, I am working with a PIC-LCD from Olimex. I am trying to simply detect when a pin is HI, but can't seem to detect anything, so I am wondering if someone had any suggestions...

I am appending this snippet to the PIC-LCD test program (& I can program the 18F8490 PIC no problem):

if ((PORTC & BIT6)==1){
TEST_LCD()
}

NOTE: TEST_LCD() is a function provide by the PIC-LCD test program.
I have tried changing the 1 to a 0, and no matter what, I get nothing.

Also, I noticed when the board has no power, if I send a 3.3V signal to RC5, the board will power up, albeit very weakly. This doesn't seem right to me?

FWIW, I am trying to use RC5 in the above code snippet, as this appears to be a free pin on the PIC-LCD board.

When I am sending a signal to the board via RC5, I connecting the power supply GND to GND on the Development board, and +3.3V from the power supply to RC5 on the development board.

Your help would be very much appreciated, I am kind of in a time crunch for a project I am working on. Alternatively, if for some reason I cannot use RC5, other pins that appear to be free on the board include: RC4, RC3, RA5, & RA4-- I only need 2 functioning Digitial I/O pins for the project I am working on.

Also, one last thing, I was wondering if someone could tell me what the pins labeled 'PGC', 'PGD', and 'RST' represent?

Thank you very, very much!!!

heepofajeep said:
Also, one last thing, I was wondering if someone could tell me what the pins labeled 'PGC', 'PGD', and 'RST' represent?

They are for programming, clock, data, and reset.

i am a beginner in PIC ,someone can give me some guide about the schematic of PIC18f4545
many thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…