Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICAXE-08M, whats wrong with it....(picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rancid rock

hey

I made this PICAXE-08M a while back and there is something wrong with it...

could anyone please see to the attached images and help

thanks.

Attachments

• P1010010.JPG
    P1010010.JPG
    604.2 KB · Views: 527
  • P1010017.JPG
    P1010017.JPG
    580.3 KB · Views: 427
How can people be expected to offer advise on a programmable chip, when we don't know if it's programmed correctly, or even what it's supposed to do, and you don't even mention what's wrong with it?.

no no no no, dude it isnt programmed,

theres something wrong with the way the parts are soldered, like wrong legs or wrong resistor values

lol hmmm... your being very difficult

i know it wont do anything, but at the moment it dosent even work

what do u mean why? obviously i dont know what the problem is for sure, thats why i hoped an expert could see by looking at it.

Nigel,

Is this another one of those secret comedy writers you have on retainer?

rancid rock said:
lol hmmm... your being very difficult

i know it wont do anything, but at the moment it dosent even work

what do u mean why? obviously i dont know what the problem is for sure, thats why i hoped an expert could see by looking at it.

I'm somewhat bemused by this? (and so are my secret team of comedy writers :p ) - but you haven't programmed the chip to do anything!, so what are you expecting it to do?.

If you buy a blank video tape, and put it in your VCR, do you expect to get a film from it? - NO - because it's blank, so why do you expect your blank PIC to do something?.

rancid rock said:
spare me your inside jokes
Spare us your sense of entitlement, and the behavior of a lazy sponge.

rancid rock said:
..no voltage runs through it even

OK I will make up the trio...

Then why not use your DMM and trace the supply around the circuit board to see where it stops?

JimB

ok thanks JimB.

umm..although i just got a pm about the resistors.

apparently they are the right resistors but round the wrong way or in the wrong order or something.....he didint specify.

is there a way u can see if they are wrong by looking at the pictures?

We may have found mstechca mk2 :rolleyes:

Might give us a clue to what it's supposed to do?

Maybe sitting and doing nothing is how it's supposed to work. You could keep applying voltage till the magic smoke comes out. Did you know all electronics works on magic smoke? If you release it, it will stop working.

apparently they are the right resistors but round the wrong way or in the wrong order or something.....he didint specify.
Better start hitting the books in your school, someones pulling your leg; resistors are not polarized. Current can flow through them in either direction.

PS those red & black wires have to be between 2.5v & 5v else poof goes the PIC (hope it's not a 9v clip at the end)

Last edited:
Ya know...a schematic is much more useful than photos of the circuit...easier to analyze.

What do you expect it to do anyways if you haven't programmed it for anything? Do you have a voltage regulator? How exactly are you trying to get 5V to the PIC?

What do you mean no voltage is running through it? The voltage measured across the +V and GND pin of the PIC is a floating voltage (constantly changing)? THat would mean there is a break between the traces going from the battery to the PIC. It's really hard to tell what you mean when you give so little detail and osbscure photos. No one is going to sit down and draw out the schematic themselves from your photos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back