Pick up alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-bro

hey guys.. i need some help finding a schematic. for my school project i choose to do an alarm.. now i want to do a sort of alarm that when u pick it up it goes on.. i tried finding some car alarms but not much.. plz guys i need this asap. thanks

Box, battery, buzzer, and switch. (think Radio Shack) The switch could be the kind that protrudes through the bottom of the container...or a tilt switch...or ?

Do you want the alarm to not be resettable/defeatable once it's triggered?

Details...details...details!

ken

my idea is this: an alarm that when u pick it up it goes on for like 10 seconds and resets it self until it is picked up again. i thought of using a siren instead of a buzzer. as for the switch i meant to use a motion detector? would that work? thanks much ken

goes on for like 10 seconds and resets it self until it is picked up again
This will require a circuit referred to as a monostable multivibrator (half a dozen small electronic components).
siren instead of a buzzer
Generally a siren will require more power (bigger battery) than an electronic buzzer.
motion detector
Do you have one in mind, or is this just a "black box" concept at this point?

Ken

Last edited:
Ya i thought of using a monostable with NE555 chips.. then i will need a NE555 astable right?
12V siren with two 9V batteries and a 12V voltage regulator?
No i don't have any motion detectors in mind :/ is there some sort of switch that reacts to vibrations or something?

Ya i thought of using a monostable with NE555 chips..
There ya go.
then i will need a NE555 astable right?
No...unless you want your siren to pulse on and off.
12V siren with two 9V batteries and a 12V voltage regulator?
9V batteries will supply almost no power for a siren. You need to pick your siren first...then determine what batteries will work.
is there some sort of switch that reacts to vibrations or something?
There are tilt switches (old ones filled with mercury...new ones with a steel ball). You could make your own.

ken

i would like my alarm to go on and off just like a car alarm so ill use an astable as well?
ok so i will use a 12V buzzer they are quite loud right?
power source two 9V bateries with a voltage regulator.
i could make my own tilt switch? how? because i think i dont have tilt switches in my country :/

Could be various mechanical designs, but not much on Google. I did see this: **broken link removed**

Ken

Just use a microswitch with a lever. Put a small hole in the end of the lever. Now make up another lever with a small nail on the end and put a piece of paper between the two. The second lever pushes on the microswitch via the paper. When the box is lifted, the paper falls away and the alarm cannot be turned off.

When the box is lifted, the paper falls away and the alarm cannot be turned off.
T-bro,
Is the intent to have the box automatically re-armed? So when the siren stops, it will start again if the box is moved again...or is it to be just a one-time alarm?
Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…