Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PICs in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v0 said:
RS422 and RS485 are not internet controllers. They are mostly level converters that go between the uart and the wire. They allow the signal to cover long distances. Their are several lighting, building control, and industrial control networks that use them. I should know the names but I am rushed and they escape..

Ethernet controlers are a challenge for pros. I suggest you start with a RS485 network. What you are saying is that you are interested in rockets and want to start by building a space shuttle. Too complex! :) But you can get there in time.

RSXXX will be used to refer to RS485/RS422

LOL i like that analogy! Um so RSXXX are level converters
Are RSXXX used to convert 5v to 12V and instead of a 1 or 0 they use 12v or -12v right? Where 12v would be a logical 1 and -12v would be a logical 0 which goes into another RSXXX and converts/translates into 1 and 0. Would that be a good assumption? By using 12v instead of 5v it can travel greater distances?

Does the above make sense or is it true in any way?

EDIT: Found some nice info for me to read (and others) https://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/RS-485.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back