Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Piezo film + 7-segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitrive

Hi all,
I am new and this is my 1st thread. :D. I have interfaced a counter circuit to read a signal from a piezo film to 7-segment display. Idea is to count multiple tapping of piezo film. Meaning, every bend, counter should to count up. I have no issue with the counter circuit. But, my piezo driver circuit did not manage to give proper signal to my clock counter input. Eg.The counts jumps from 1 to 6 or 3 to 8. I believe I may need have to modify the driver circuit. When I connect an LED to output, there is signal. Maximum voltage when I tap should be around 0.7V. Meanwhile I need, 0V clock input. I did connect to transistor to invert proper signal but failed. I did also add amplfier circuit and failed too. I am afaid this analogue signal is not strong.
I just want it to count up when the piezo film is bend to certain (controllable) extend/stress. Please have look at the attached pictures for your reference. Let me know if any idea. Appreciate any reply! Thank you.

Attachments

• ResSwitchPicture1.jpg
    ResSwitchPicture1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 211
  • Circuit1.jpg
    Circuit1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 204
Could it be that everything is working properly, and what you are seeing is the equivalent of switch bounce?

Do you have a controlled way to flex the sensor? Have you tried a debouncer? Some debouncers, such as those based on monostables like the 555, allow setting the re-trigger window.

John

clear film-like substance

What is the clear film-like substance that forms when you fry an egg? I also have a rice steamer, and this also happens to the rice (white) on the bottom after cooking. Would that be the starch and water frying?
The two film-like substances from egg and rice are nearly identical in texture and appearance, are they the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back