Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help a numbskull

Status
Not open for further replies.

endean0

Can you please help with the following.

Building a voice activated switch to use in conjunction with a portable voice recorder. The whole unit should be no larger than a mobile phone and should have some degree of sensitivity control and cut off timing control. The whole unit needs to battery powered and will remain so for up to four weeks.
I wish to build the unit myself although a complete novice, so please be gentle. :oops:

Thanks

Endean

Try googling for "VOX". These switches are often used by amateur radio operators.
I can see some problem if you mean tape recording by portable voice recording, it takes time for the mechanism to start moving so you might lose the first second or so of the sound.
You have to choose a battery suitable for this application if there is no way of maintaining its charge (solar cells, etc.)
Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back