please!! help me!! pleasee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochieviota

i have a project to comply to regarding designing a circuitry involving a power supply that gives 5 different voltages with a LED and ammeter/ommeter. the prolem is i dont know how to design it and make project on it. please help me designing and building one. tnx!! pls help![/b]

AC or DC?
whats the supply voltage?
what power rating?
what voltage levels do u need?

only try and do a electroncis project if u acctualy know something about electronics... and it sounds like you dont

If I had to tackle this kind of project but I wasn't too sure how to go about it I'd probably get myself a good Electronics reference book and read the power-supplies section and go from there, but then I already have a good grounding in Electronics which allows me to adopt these kinds of "research and apply" techniques. As it happens I already know how power-supplies work too!

If you don't know the first thing about electronics you're definately onto a loser here. For a start, power supplies come in various different types which suit various end-user needs so you need to know a little of what you're talking about before you settle on a direction to take. If you're electronics knowledge is lacking you're not going to be able to draw these kinds of conclusions and, bearing in mind that power supplies are extremely dangerous (if you don't know what you're doing) I wouldn't recommend you try designing one.

If however you do have a good grounding in Electronics I'd recommend you get yourself down the local library and read the power-supplies section of a few good electronics books. Once you've obtained at least some sort of grounding in power-supply designs you can come back to us with a few more specific questions.

Needless to say, you're going to have to do some work yourself before anyone is willing to help you.

Brian

i got it! man..

the supply voltages are 12V , 9V, 6V.
then i must connect 1.5 LED on each. the problem is i cant make a circuit(containing resistors) to lower the voltages so that the input voltages to each LED is 1.5 each. pls help me how can i make the 3 circuits. pls help me designing a good one on this.
pls help me misterbenn, monkeytree,thermal runaway!!
plsssssssssss

power supply

But this is simple!
All you need to do is to get a transformer to step the mains to about 15volts. You could pass this through a 7812 to get your 12 volts. Problem one solved. Then you tap the 12 volts to 7809 and 7806 regulators to get 9 and 6 volts.

For the LED's you'll have to know what current you're handling and the maximum current and voltage an LED could handle. I don't know the values so you'll have to google things up. You could use appropriate voltage dividers to step down the 6 volts to 1.5v. A series resistor connected to each LED should do the trick should keep the current to the LED within safe limit.

https://www.eleinmec.com/article.asp?16
This gives the schematics of a standard power supply. To get 9V and 12V, just add 7809 and 7812 regulators in a similar fashion where the 7805 is used.

For LEDs, we usually look at the recommended current in which the LED shines the brightest, and the voltage that occurs. The series resistor would then have to be sized such that it has to drop the remaining voltage, with the same current running through it.

He hasn't stated what sort of current each output should be capable of handling. The design is obviously different depending on these requirements.

Brian

ochieviota, i think what the guyz are asking you is quite simple... What exactly do you want to achieve.

For a simple power supply such as yours .. (If what you want is simple) all you need is first a step down transformer (220 /15V ) then a rectifier bridge, then a smoothing capacitor (whose value is based on your current) then a couple of regulators giving you the o/p you require

7812 for 12V
7809 for 9V
7805 for 5V

You could have a a capacitor per regulator.. The posibilities depend on you so what exactly do you want?

HELP ME!!

I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA IF I CAN BUY 7908 REGULATORS HERE!!
PLSSS SEND ME A SCHEMATIC COPY OF WHAT CAN I DO.. PLSSS

You should be able to get them easily cause they are most widly used regulators. Download there datasheets for schematic.

Hi everyone, I'm just a newbie and still in the learning process here. To the seniors in here, mind to correct me if I'm wrong? Thanks in advance.

Orchievota? You might want to give us more information such as the current output each nodes and read up to voice out your opinion in here. I believe the information given here is sufficient for you to build the variable output voltage power supply.

Mind to update us regarding the project? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…